Posts I've Recently Updated

I'm not writing new posts, but I am updating old ones to clean them up, make them easier to read, and correct typos (I once accidentally left the word "not" out of a very important sentence, completely reversing the meaning of what I wanted to say.  If you see a significant type, leave a comment on my Comment Page to tell me.  Thank you.).  

I'll try to keep a running list here of all the ones I updated and when.  So far, I've redone these:

Why is Calvinism so Dangerous?, November 2022.  I also re-updated these individual posts in this series in May 2023: "#10 (Sovereignty)" and "#13: Wrath vs. Love, and Conclusion".  And this one in October 2023: "#15: No Altar Calls, and Replacing 'Believe' with 'Repent'".  

Is Calvinism's TULIP Biblical?, January 2023

If Calvinism is true, then God is a liar, February 2023

"Defend Your Calvinism" Challenge, 2022

12 Tips on how to think critically about Calvinism, 2022

Why is it so hard for Calvinists to get free from Calvinism?, March 2021

We left our church because of Calvinism (Things my Calvinist pastor said), July 2020

Tony Evans teaches on Prayer and God's Will, March 2023

I won't post this series on this blog, but you can find my "Spiritual Warfare" series on my other blog (I just started it in March 2023).  I address Calvinism a little bit in that series because I don't think Calvinists can truly understand - or be effective in - the spiritual battle if they think God preplans, causes, controls all that happens.

The Calvinist ESV: Revelation 13:8 (#2 in my list of Calvinist changes in the ESV)

Healing your soul from Calvinism's damage, Dec 2023


I updated this "Understanding God's Will" series in 2020, to include notes on Calvinism:

Introduction part 1 and part 2

1.  Our Impact on God's Will

2.  Cause vs Allow

3.  God's Will is a Verb

4.  Taking Our Responsibility Seriously

5.  Prayer Matters

6.  But God Can Read Minds

7.  But God Knows What We Need

8.  Advice About Prayer

9a.  "Name It and Claim It" Nonsense

9b.  Help for the Journey

9c.  Considering Other Prayer Verses

9d.  Idolatrous Prayers

9e.  Unanswered Prayer

9f.  Maybe God's Not Listening

9g.  Other Convicting Verses

9h.  Summing Up Effective Prayer

9i.  Still Waiting for an Answer

10.  Why Do Bad Things Happen?

11.  Does Everything Happen for a Reason?

12.  God Works All Things for Good

13.  Limiting God's Power?

14.  Does God Cause Nations to Sin?

15.  Is God Sovereign?

16.  Can We Change God's Mind?

17.  But God Can't Change His Mind

18.  Our Responsibilities Regarding God's Will

19.  Praying for the Wrong Things

20.  Missing the Path

21.  Will God Lead Me to Where I Don't Want to Go?

22.  So What, Ultimately, Is God's Will?

Most Popular Posts Of The Month:

List of Calvinist Preachers, Authors, Theologians, Websites, etc.

Is The ESV (English Standard Version) a Calvinist Bible?

How to Tell if a Church, Pastor, or Website is Calvinist (simplified version)

Why Is Calvinism So Dangerous? (re-updated)

A Random Verse That Destroys Calvinism (And "Is The ESV a Calvinist Bible?")

Posts in the "Predestination vs. Free-Will" Series

A Calvinist's best defense of their worst doctrine

When Calvinism Infiltrates Your Church

Calvinist Hogwash #5: Rejoicing about hell

The 9 Marks of a Calvinist Cult (shorter version)