Is there a connection between Calvinism, the ESV, Eternal Subordination of the Son, and Eternal Female Subordination?

Just throwing this out there for your consideration:

Did Calvinists create the idea that Jesus is eternally subordinate to the Father so that they can push their ideas of complementarianism and that women will be eternally subordinate to men?  Is Eternal Subordination of the Son biblical, or did Calvinists read into verses and/or alter verses (particularly in the ESV Bible and study notes) so that it could match their theological views on this?  

(See this post for a bit on why I believe the ESV is a Calvinist Bible.)  

I have no clue what to think about all this because I only just now heard of it.  But I do not trust Calvinists to understand the Bible properly, and I have seen how sneaky they are in twisting Scripture to make it fit their theology.  And so I think this issue is definitely worth looking into, or at least being aware of.  Read these articles for yourself and see what you think (and I don't know much about these websites overall, so be discerning for yourselves):


Wayne Grudem's Un-Orthodox View of the Trinity and the question that must be asked: Can the ESV Bible be trusted?  (FYI: While some articles from this website are worth reading, particularly his research into Calvinism taking over the Evangelical Free Churches, I disagree with much of what this author stands for.  So be careful and discerning.) 

A Reformed Theologian and Reformed Blogger take on the Eternal Subordination of the Son as it relates to Complementarianism

Eternal Subordination of the Son and Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology

Eternal Subordination of the Son and the ESV Translation



I don't know exactly how the Trinity works.  It's one of those mysteries that we humans cannot fully comprehend.  But what concerns me most about all this is ... Did the Calvinist ESV translators deliberately inject Eternal Subordination of the Son into the ESV (and study notes) so that they could push eternal subordination of women?  

When someone pushes as hard as these Calvinist men are for something that we cannot fully figure out, there's probably a reason.  An agenda.

(That being said, I don't know where I stand on the whole egalitarian vs. complementarian spectrum.  Probably somewhere in the middle.  But I would say that I think the Bible only specifies one thing, one role, that is off-limits to women: the role of head pastor/head elders.  Other than that, I don't think women are restricted from serving in other ways, even teaching.  For more on this, see my post "Why I don't trust women-led churches.")



And here are some previous links I shared about complementarianism in Calvinist churches:

Recovering From Biblical Manhood and Womanhood (Apparently, the original article on this topic that I linked to was removed, so I will link to this one instead.  And here's another one: "John Piper's Advice for Women in the Workforce.")

Most Popular Posts Of The Month:

List of Calvinist Preachers, Authors, Theologians, Websites, etc.

Is The ESV (English Standard Version) a Calvinist Bible?

How to Tell if a Church, Pastor, or Website is Calvinist (simplified version)

A Random Verse That Destroys Calvinism (And "Is The ESV a Calvinist Bible?")

Why Is Calvinism So Dangerous? (re-updated)

Posts in the "Predestination vs. Free-Will" Series

A Calvinist's best defense of their worst doctrine

When Calvinism Infiltrates Your Church

For my new friend who's struggling:

Calvinist Hogwash #4 (hell and justice)