Crowder's Song - "I AM"

I watch this video often, especially in despairing moments, the middle of the storms, when I need to be reminded that God is always there, always holding onto us and calling us to hold onto Him:


I love the moment when Jesus meekly smiles and waves at the kids running alongside the boat, showing His tender, loving side.  I love the moment He gives an emotional, desperate hug to one of the disciples, showing His human, relational side.  I love the moment He slowly kneels down to take the whipping we deserved, showing His sacrificial, Savior side. 

But one of my favorite scenes in this song is at the 2:34 minute mark, when one of the disciples is laying on the floor crying, reaching out to a battered Jesus who is lying near him.  It's only a moment, a tiny, helpless, desperate reach, ...but, oh, how I've felt that way so many times these past years!  Life has repeatedly beaten me down, and I'm laying on the floor sobbing, hopeless, desperate, doing the only thing I can do - reaching out to the Lord with all the strength I have left, just hoping and praying that I can touch Him with just the tip of my finger to feel His presence and know that He is there with me through it all.  And then I know it will be okay.  

Reaching out for the Lord when you're in pain - sometimes that's all you can do.  

But sometimes that's enough.



[I think part of the reason I rage against Calvinism so fiercely is because I have hurt so badly in life and struggled with such despair and brokenness and hopelessness, even as a Christian.  And Calvinism, to me, is all about keeping most people in despair and brokenness and hopelessness.  Eternally.  It's about keeping lost people lost, putting most people beyond the reach of God's grace, love, forgiveness, and healing.  It blocks the door of heaven to most people, allowing only those few lucky "elect" to enter, informing everyone else that God doesn't love them, that Jesus didn't die for them, and that they have no hope of ever finding help or healing or salvation.  But I've hurt so deeply in life that my heart breaks for humanity, for all of us lost, hurting people.  And I will never make anyone else think that they are hopeless, that they are beyond the reach of God's love and grace and healing, that they were created to hurt forever.  (And I would never tell others, as Calvinists do, that it's impossible to choose to believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior ... when God clearly and repeatedly tells us in the Bible that to be saved we must choose to believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior.)  What a wicked theology Calvinism is!]

Most Popular Posts Of The Month:

List of Calvinist Preachers, Authors, Theologians, Websites, etc.

Is The ESV (English Standard Version) a Calvinist Bible?

How to Tell if a Church, Pastor, or Website is Calvinist (simplified version)

A Random Verse That Destroys Calvinism (And "Is The ESV a Calvinist Bible?")

Why Is Calvinism So Dangerous? (re-updated)

Posts in the "Predestination vs. Free-Will" Series

A Calvinist's best defense of their worst doctrine

When Calvinism Infiltrates Your Church

Calvinist Hogwash #4 (hell and justice)

For my new friend who's struggling: