Billy Boyd's Song - "The Last Goodbye"

This isn't a Christian song, but it's a great song:

"The Last Goodbye" by Billy Boyd (who played the hobbit, Pippin, in the movies)

It makes me smile and it makes me sad, at the same time.  And though I've always loved the Lord of the Rings, this song and video is the reason I got absolutely addicted to it during lockdown in 2020, to the books, and to the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movie trilogies.  My 11-year-old and I would sit night after night and watch all the movies and the behind-the-scenes footage while eating garlic-cream-cheese dip with our fingers.  Ah, good times!  I kinda miss it.  (It made my 14-year-old absolutely sick of the movies, though.) 

I feel such a kinship with these movies, these characters, after all I've been through in life.  "Many places I have been, many sorrows I have seen.  But I don't regret, nor will I forget, all who took that road with me."  This is a song I'd love to have played at my funeral someday.  (I'm not planning on going anywhere anytime soon, but it would be a great - though quite sad - funeral song, don't you think?)        

Enjoy!


[And if you're interested, here is a post I wrote on The Hobbit, and how I feel just like Bilbo Baggins sometimes.]

Most Popular Posts Of The Month:

List of Calvinist Preachers, Authors, Theologians, Websites, etc.

Is The ESV (English Standard Version) a Calvinist Bible?

How to Tell if a Church, Pastor, or Website is Calvinist (simplified version)

A Random Verse That Destroys Calvinism (And "Is The ESV a Calvinist Bible?")

Why Is Calvinism So Dangerous? (re-updated)

Posts in the "Predestination vs. Free-Will" Series

A Calvinist's best defense of their worst doctrine

When Calvinism Infiltrates Your Church

Calvinist Hogwash #4 (hell and justice)

For my new friend who's struggling: