Two "End Times" Songs

[My plan was to add new posts only on Fridays.  I guess that didn't last long.  My new plan is to still post on Fridays but to also include songs I like and other random posts on Calvinism in between, until the end of the year.  (Remember that Google is removing the "follow by email" feature soon.  I'm not sure if that will affect my blog or not, or what it will do.  It's just FYI.)  In fact, since I've had a lot of time on my hands, most posts are already scheduled to be posted.  After praying and waiting for over a decade for my husband to get a puppy for our kids (I don't want one, but I want one for them), we finally got one in June.  Three days later, at 6 o'clock in the morning, I was carrying him over a small temporary fence we put up in the yard (something I warned my kids to never do!), and I fell and broke my ankle.  (See, kids, I told you it could happen, that you shouldn't step over the fence because you could fall and get hurt.  Now do you believe me?)  The puppy is fine (a needy, little monster sometimes, but fine), but I'm stuck on my butt a lot, with lots of time to sit around and type.  And so I already have most posts scheduled to be posted automatically on the date I gave them, till the last day of 2021.  And then I might not write again after that.  We'll see.  I need a break.  

Oh, and we named the puppy Ted Theodore Logan, Keanu Reeve's character from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.  It's a movie we all love, and it's the only name we could all agree on.  But seeing how needy he is, we're beginning to wonder if we should have named him Bob Wiley, Bill Murray's character from What About Bob?  

(I loved Bill and Ted's so much as a teen that I recorded the audio from the whole movie onto cassette tape so that I could listen to it in the car.  I miss that tape.  And the scene I linked to above is one of my favorite ones.  I love that song.  In fact, at our wedding, we were going to play that song when we danced with the wedding party, but my husband forgot to bring the CD.  I'm actually kinda glad though.  Because, now that I think about it, I don't really want to share that song with them.  I like it too much.)] 


And now onto the post for today ...

Here are two rapture songs I really enjoy (since it seems like it's getting closer and closer.  God-willing.  Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!):

I Wish We'd All Been Ready

In The Sky (Carlisle, Cleveland, Lee)


Remember this: We've been warned over and over again that the end times are coming someday, through God's Word, in movies, in songs, in sermons, in the "crazy" street preachers wearing "Repent: The End Is Near" signs, and now in all the wild, mind-boggling "end-timesy" world events going on, which are getting more and more and are coming faster and faster.  Time is short.  Don't waste it.  

We've been warned.  

[Here are two websites I like because they compile headlines from around the world that relate to the end times: Rapture Ready (here's the News page) and Tracking Bible Prophecy.  Even if I don't read the articles, it give me a sense of what's going on all around.) 

 

And I know it's not gonna be this way, but you know the climatic battle scene at the end of Thor Ragnarok (I love this movie!) when Thor comes dropping down out of the sky, with lightning bolts flashing, and he starts whooping butt on the bad guys?  

Yeah, I picture Jesus coming back like that.  I know it won't happen like that, but that's how I imagine it.  That'd be so cool!  



As the end times are approaching (God-willing), if you're not sure yet whose side you wanna be on, I'd pick the side of the One who's gonna win.  

I'm just sayin'.

"I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True.  With justice he judges and wages war.  His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns.  He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.  He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.  The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.  Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations.  'He will rule them with an iron scepter.'  He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.  On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KINGS OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS."  (Revelation 19:14-16)

Most Popular Posts Of The Month:

List of Calvinist Preachers, Authors, Theologians, Websites, etc.

How to Tell if a Church, Pastor, or Website is Calvinist (simplified version)

Is The ESV (English Standard Version) a Calvinist Bible?

Why Is Calvinism So Dangerous? (re-updated)

A Random Verse That Destroys Calvinism (And "Is The ESV a Calvinist Bible?")

Posts in the "Predestination vs. Free-Will" Series

Tony Evans Preaches on Prayer and God's Will

A Calvinist's best defense of their worst doctrine

On this Good Friday

When Calvinism Infiltrates Your Church