A Great Blog to Visit: Our Healing Moments (Testimony #1)

Yes, I know this is a blog dedicated to exposing Calvinism, but the world is in such a mess right now and we are all hurting for some "good news" that I've decided to include a few posts highlighting some of the good, inspiring Christian testimonies I'm watching online.  

Instead of just mindlessly surfing the web, stumbling upon one bad news story after the next, I've been typing in "Christian testimonies" into my search box to see what comes up, to find something that fills me with hope and joy and connection.  And hearing the stories of other people coming to the Lord is one of the best ways to connect with other believers (with those we'll be spending eternity with) and to be filled with hope and joy in a very messy world!  

And so here is the post I wrote on my other blog about the first testimony I want to highlight:


A Great Blog to Visit: Our Healing Moments (Testimony #1)


I've recommended this blog before, but I'll do it again: Our Healing Moments (this link is for the post with her first YouTube video, her testimony).  

I haven't really been reading other people's blogs lately (or even my own).  I've been trying to stay away from the online world as much as possible.  But I decided to check out her blog again because I like her writing and her heart so much.  You can see her sweet, gentle, godly spirit shining through everything she writes, even though she suffers from chronic, debilitating illness.  

And the new posts I read touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes.  It's so nice to read something uplifting in this difficult, chaotic world.  From someone who knows pain and suffering.  Someone who has had to struggle to cling to the Lord.  I appreciate people and testimonies like that.  I understand them.  I learn from them and am encouraged by them.  

[In fact, I have been aching to hear some good, personal, spiritual stories from people.  It's been too long.  And so I am going to try to watch or read (and link to) a different testimony every so often.  It's so great to hear other people's stories, to hear what they've come through, how they found the Lord, and how it changed them.  And so I'll call this one from Rina at Our Healing Moments "Testimony #1".  Listen to and be encouraged by her story.]  

In this chaotic, hopeless, pain-filled world, it's so important to be reminded of and to focus on the simple, beautiful, soul-healing truths of the Gospel.  This world has complicated everything and messed everything up.  It's been flipped upside-down on its head, where black is white and white is black, where evil is good and good is evil.  It's emotionally and mentally overwhelming and discouraging.  And I know it feels like evil is winning.

But it's not.  Evil may win some battles, but it won't win the war.  And even the battles it does "win" can be and will be used by God for good, for His plans.

Romans 8:28: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

We can't fix this world.  We can't change other people.  We can't manage all that's spiraling out of control all around us right now.  

But maybe if we simply focus right now on our love for God, on His love for us, on the truth of His Word, and on fulfilling His simple purposes for our own little lives, in whatever corner of the world we occupy, then we'll see Him work everything - even all the bad things we can't do anything about - for good.  

So don't lose hope.  Don't give up.  And stop focusing on the bad.  Take your focus off of the world and put it back on God.  Spend time with Him, getting to know Him better, growing your relationship with Him.  Get back to the basics of the Gospel.  Surround yourself with as much godly truth and encouragement as possible.  [For me, instead of being online, I have been reading my Bible first thing in the morning, talking with God throughout my day (even if it's just tiny, simple prayers), listening to my favorite City Harmonic music while I take walks and garden, watching Tony Evans sermons online for church, and finding hope and encouragement in other people's writing like Anne Graham Lotz's Just Give Me Jesus and Rina's blog, Our Healing Moments.  And I plan to memorize a few Psalms that speak to me.]

It's so important these days - in a world that seeks to swallow us up in despair and hopelessness - to set our minds on things above (Colossians 3:2).  To think about the things that are true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8).  Your feelings will follow your thoughts.  So if you want to feel things that are helpful, healing, holy, and hope-filled, then you need to fill your mind with things that are helpful, healing, holy, and hope-filled.  And trust me ... you're not going to find that in the news or most on-line sources.  

You'll find it - eternal hope and help - only in God, in Jesus, and His Word!



And one last note of encouragement:

I know it seems like evil people are doing evil things and getting away with it right now, everywhere we turn, all the time.  But take heart and remember how it all ends ...

"... at the name of Jesus every knee should bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."  (Philippians 2:10-11)

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth ... And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them.  They will be his people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God.  He will wipe away every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."  (Revelation 20:1-4)

Amen.  Come, Lord Jesus!



And listen to these songs from The City Harmonic when you get a chance.  Sometimes music says it best!
My God  (I know where my help comes from.  Do you?)

Holy (Wedding Day)  (There's no greater hope than this!)

Manifesto  (Love it! Love it! Love it!  The first song of theirs I ever heard.  And I fell in love with it.  With them!  They will always be near and dear to my heart.)






Most Popular Posts Of The Month:

List of Calvinist Preachers, Authors, Theologians, Websites, etc.

Is The ESV (English Standard Version) a Calvinist Bible?

How to Tell if a Church, Pastor, or Website is Calvinist (simplified version)

Why Is Calvinism So Dangerous? (re-updated)

A Random Verse That Destroys Calvinism (And "Is The ESV a Calvinist Bible?")

Posts in the "Predestination vs. Free-Will" Series

A Calvinist's best defense of their worst doctrine

When Calvinism Infiltrates Your Church

Calvinist Hogwash #5: Rejoicing about hell

The 9 Marks of a Calvinist Cult (shorter version)