Misogynistic Reformers

Wanna see some misogynistic quotes from some early reformers (Calvinists before there was Calvinism)?  Check out this post to see what these Calvinist forefathers thought about women (particularly Augustine, Calvin, Luther, and Knox):

Misogynistic Quotations from Church Fathers and Reformers

(Thank you to James for sharing this link with me.)



I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that strong Calvinist churches today tend towards complementarianism (a stricter "men lead, women follow" method), such as taught in Wayne Grudem's Biblical Manhood and Womanhood.  (I do not believe woman can be head pastors and elders, but I do not know if I would agree with stricter forms of complementarianism either.  This is all just food-for-thought for you.)

For more on that:


Most Popular Posts Of The Month:

List of Calvinist Preachers, Authors, Theologians, Websites, etc.

Alana L. 5V (the twisted ESV)

How to Tell if a Church, Pastor, or Website is Calvinist (simplified version)

Melissa at The Comment Corral

The 9 Marks of a Calvinist Cult

Is The ESV (English Standard Version) a Calvinist Bible?

Fending Off Calvinism (a.k.a. Destroying Calvinism in 28 Easy Steps)

Concerned Christian at The Comment Corral

As evil as it gets: Calvinism on babies and the unreached

"But Calvinists don't say God causes sin and evil!"